Dynamic Content Macro not sending {macro.id}

I’ve created an example plugin with a Dynamic Content Macro with a custom editor:

• The custom editor works correctly and stores the data correctly within the parameters
  • The “url” element of the view contains ?pid={page.id}&vid=(page.version}&mid={macro.id}
  • After inserting and saving the page, the Wiki Format contains the macro, it’s ID and properties

The problem I have is that after you insert the macro and go to view the page, the Macro ID does not get sent properly.

The following is sent to my plugin’s Node server:
https://XXX.herokuapp.com/view-macro?pid=1232&vid=1&mid=&jwt=...

As you can see, the Macro ID parameter is empty!!! This prevents me from writing the plugin any further, as I need the Macro ID to get the Macro Parameters from the REST API etc.

I’ve tested with a fresh plugin and am getting the same issue - it seems I am getting something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi @jack_internet_graves,

Looks like there is an open issue for this already. Please watch, vote, and add any other relevant information to the comments to the issue [CE-1065] - Ecosystem Jira

Ralph

Thanks Ralph,

That does look related - I’ve voted/watched and posted a comment.

However, this happens every time (unlike that ticket which states 3% occurrence), which makes me think I’m missing something.

I’ve developed plugins before which use the Macro ID, but without a Custom Editor and didn’t have this problem… but whatever I try I can’t get it to work.

The annoying thing is that there is a script tag on the page which seems to have the right URL, but isn’t being sent:

Let me know if there is anything I can provide (descriptor snippets or javascript which might help!