ECO DESIGN MEET UP: June 2018

Howdy all,

Our next Ecosystem Design Community event is coming up next week! This month we’ll be hearing from Brian Ford, Director of UX at Gliffy, who just launched their new product Gliffy Project. Brian is going to share the Gliffy Project design journey with us. He’ll talk about the gap they identified with their current Gliffy/Jira experience, and how they went about solving the problem including the challenges and learnings of designing product concepts so closely integrated with each other.

This meet up will be a video call on the 28th of June, from 3:00 PM till 4:15 PM PDT. I know this time doesn’t work for our friends in Europe, I’m sorry. Rest assured it will be recorded and we will rotate the time each month to accommodate everyone.

As always I will post a more detailed agenda along with details to join the call. Make sure you’re on our mailing list to receive calendar invites for future events.

Looking forward to seeing you online soon.

The Ecosystem Design Team.

2 Likes

I hope you’re all excited for next week - we sure are! As promised, here is the agenda and video conference details.

Event details: Thursday 28th of June, 3:00-4:15 PM PDT

Agenda:

3:00 Welcome! (and time to sort out foreseen tech problems).
3:05 Kick-off with a Designer cafe. Bring a cup of coffee, beer, wine, mojito, or whatever floats your boat. We’ll go around the group, say what you’re drinking and one thing you’ve done during the week. It could be design/work related or not.
3:20 Recap on learnings from App week in Portland last week.
3:45 Brian Ford, Director of UX design at Gliffy shares Gliffy Project design journey.
4:00 Q&A with Brian

Video conference link: meet.google.com/jek-fmas-hrg

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out and don’t forget to invite your colleagues and friends!

See you online,
Ecosystem design team

1 Like

Hi everyone,

To those who could make our meet up today, thanks for coming! We hope you learned a bunch. For those who were unable to join, never fear! I recorded it for your viewing here.

A huge thank you to our two amazing presenters - Charlie from ThinkTilt, who recapped the recent App week in Portland for us, and showed the progress on their app, Proforma, migrating to Atlas Kit and using the new Jira issue view. And Brian from Gliffy, who shared their design process for their recent new product development, Gliffy Project, including some insightful learnings and insights on product design.

Let’s keep this conversation going! Please feel free to post questions for Charlie and Brian here, as well as your thoughts/ideas/comments on the topics.

I would love your feedback on this month’s event - even if you didn’t make it, I’d love to know why. As I’ve said before, we’re going to experiment with content, format and timing of these meet ups until we land on what works best. If you can spare 5 minutes, please let me know what you thought in this survey. Suggestions and requests welcome!

Our next event will be around mid-late July. Details to come.

See you next time, online!

Ecosystem Design team

1 Like