Enabling a Jira Cloud app for a single project

Hi all.

I’ve developed a Jira Cloud app and would like to allow users to enable it for a specific project within their account. There doesn’t seem to be a way for them to do this via the Manage Apps interface, but has anyone found an elegant solution?

Obviously I could load my app conditionally using a project select setting I provide, with a “sorry it hasn’t been enabled” message where appropriate, but ideally it wouldn’t display the menu item.

Thanks.

Lee.

How about a project settings page with an enable-app-for-this-project switch?

2 Likes

We do exactly what @david.pinn said in our app.

The switch/toggle saves the status to project “entity properties”. Next we use the entity property in atlassian-connect.json “condition” to show or hide the page/panel/content/glance.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much the exact thing we’re using too. Use entity properties and then conditions to check if to display or not.

1 Like

Thanks all. I wasn’t aware that the app descriptor could use entity properties as conditions.

For anyone coming to this thread, detail on how to use entity properties as conditions can be found here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/conditions/#property-conditions

2 Likes

I am fairly new to making Jira apps/add-ons. I ran across a free checklist app that has an admin page with the ability to turn on/off what projects can see and use the app. I really want to build one of these admin pages, but am at a loss.

Currently I am using a display condition to restrict to one project, but I need to find a more fluid way (as I mentioned). Because I am using a forge custom UI I am not sure that I have access to entity properties.

Are there any good examples or recommendations?

Thanks!
Dan

My Alter ego…

Using a display condition works.

I am currently trying to use the Early Access Entity Property in some way. I have a hard time believing that I have to write a connect app just to get the ability to toggle on and off projects that are allowed to see/use my app.

All advice is appreciated.