Error: Can't resolve '@forge/ui'

I was trying to make my first forge app, I followed all the instructions, I created the app, but when I used forge deploy I got this error:

Error: Bundling failed: Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '@forge/ui' in 'C:\Users\Ezequiel\IdeaProjects\lesson1_forge\src'

Error: Bundling failed: Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '@forge/ui' in 'C:\Users\Ezequiel\IdeaProjects\lesson1_forge\src'
    at AppPackager.package (C:\Users\Ezequiel\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\deploy\packager\packager.js:39:23)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async PackageUploadDeployCommand.execute (C:\Users\Ezequiel\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\deploy\package-upload-deploy.js:11:45)
    at async CommandLineUI.displayProgress (C:\Users\Ezequiel\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\node_modules\@forge\cli-shared\out\ui\command-line-ui.js:44:28)
    at async DeployView.reportDeploymentProgress (C:\Users\Ezequiel\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\view\deploy-view.js:50:24)
    at async DeployController.run (C:\Users\Ezequiel\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\controller\deploy-controller.js:122:27)
    at async Command.actionProcessor (C:\Users\Ezequiel\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\command.js:76:32)

What can I do? I tried all things that could be on my mind and I canā€™t get past this part.

Welcome to Atlassian Developer Community, @EzequielGiampaoli !

This normally happens if node_modules directory is not present in your project directory. If this is indeed the case, do an npm install first then call forge deploy again.

Cheers,
Ian

2 Likes

Thanks for the solution,
Unfortunately it didnā€™t work, I already have node_modules, I already did npm install, and the error is still there. I even changed from windows to linux, and in linux I get a similar error, I got this one:
error manifest.yml failed to parse content - end of the stream or a document separator is expected valid-yaml-required

Error: Command failed due to validation error.

Error: Command failed due to validation error.
at PreCommandController.runChecks (/home/ezequiel/.nvm/versions/node/v16.14.2/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/controller/pre-command-controller.js:24:19)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
at async /home/ezequiel/.nvm/versions/node/v16.14.2/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/controller/pre-command-controller.js:32:13
at async Command.checkPreconditions (/home/ezequiel/.nvm/versions/node/v16.14.2/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/command.js:249:27)
at async Command.actionProcessor (/home/ezequiel/.nvm/versions/node/v16.14.2/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/command.js:70:53)

So right now I am with an error on both operating systems and donā€™t know how to fix it.

Thatā€™s interesting. Have you tried installing @forge/ui by doing npm i @forge/ui if that fixes the module not found error?

The error you get on linux looks different from the one you got on Windows - the linux error smells like your manifest is malformed somehow while the Windows error is pointing to a missing module that you need to install.

Can you share the link to the instructions you followed so that we can verify if there are missing steps? I followed this tutorial just now and I was able to do a forge deploy successfully. For reference, I am using Forge CLI version 4.1.0.

Just go to the root path of your source code and npm i and then forge deploy it should work.

2 Likes

Hi Ira - I am also getting the error,

Error: Bundling failed: Module not found: Error: Canā€™t resolve ā€˜@forge/uiā€™ in

and I noticed that in my node_modules folder, I have this:

@forge/
@forge/ui/
@forge/ui/out/

but there is nothing in ā€œoutā€. However, other modules have out populated.

Is that normal?

I have tried npm install @forge/ui in every conceivable wayā€¦

Cliff

I was able to solve it by reinstalling @forge/ui package

npm install @forge/ui@latest

2 Likes

Hi Team,

Iā€™m facing the same problem while deploying UI Kit app.

Iā€™ve provided the required permissions, @forge/api is also present in my package.json file, forge/api file is also present in my node_modules. Iā€™ve already run the ā€œnpm install @forge/apiā€, ā€œnmp install -e developmentā€ and "npm install"all these commands but still Iā€™m getting the following error.

Please help with this.

Error: Bundling failed: Module not found: Error: Canā€™t resolve ā€˜forge/apiā€™ in ā€˜C:\ASPL\Forge Development\First-App\srcā€™

Error: Bundling failed: Module not found: Error: Canā€™t resolve ā€˜forge/apiā€™ in ā€˜C:\ASPL\Forge Development\First-App\srcā€™
at RuntimeBundler.bundle (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\out\deploy\packager\runtime-bundler.js:27:23)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
at async AppPackager.package (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\out\deploy\packager\packager.js:16:31)
at async PackageUploadDeployCommand.execute (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\out\deploy\package-upload-deploy.js:14:76)
at async CommandLineUI.displayProgress (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\node_modules@forge\cli-shared\out\ui\command-line-ui.js:46:28)
at async DeployView.reportDeploymentProgress (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\out\command-line\view\deploy-view.js:79:24) at async DeployController.run (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\out\command-line\controller\deploy-controller.js:172:27)
at async Command.actionProcessor (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\out\command-line\command.js:91:32)
at async Promise.all (index 0)
at async Command.parse (C:\Users\chaud\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules@forge\cli\out\command-line\command.js:194:13)

It looks like youā€™ve copied project code file from another project folder and module is yet to be installed on a new folder. Following command should work in either case,

npm install @forge/ui@latest

ā€¦then go for forge deploy