Error connecting to Jira v7.13.1 server from Java6 application with Jira Rest Java Client(JRJC)

Hi,

I have a requirement to create an Issue in Jira on click of a submit button in java web application. Unfortunately this is very old application and running on IBM Web sphere 7 & Java 6. I need to connect to Jira v7.13.1 version and create an issue, I tried using jira-rest-java-client-api-2.0.0-m32.w1 and getting the following exception. can someone please help me to understand the java version compatibilities between JRJC api & Jira server.

code snippet:
final AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory factory = new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory();
final URI uri = new URI(“http://localhost:8080/”);
final JiraRestClient jiraRestClient = factory.createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(uri, “abcd”, “1234”);

IssueInputBuilder issueInputBuilder = new IssueInputBuilder("DEMO", 10003L, "Test Summary");
    issueInputBuilder.setDescription("Test Description");
    IssueInput issueInput = issueInputBuilder.build();
    Promise<BasicIssue> createdIssue= jiraRestClient.getIssueClient().createIssue(issueInput);

try {

BasicIssue basicIssue= createdIssue.get();
		System.out.println("Issue Key: "+basicIssue.getKey());
	} catch (ExecutionException e) {
		// TODO Auto-generated catch block
		e.printStackTrace();
	}

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=com/atlassian/jira/rest/client/internal/async/AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory, offset=6
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:287)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:74)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:540)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:451)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$300(URLClassLoader.java:79)

Thanks,
Malika

@malikasweet - JRJC supports any Jira Server version >= 4.2. If you’re using a binary (Maven artifact), perhaps you should try building from source.

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/jira-rest-java-client/src/master/

Thank you very much for quick response. Do you mean with any version of JRJC jar we can I connect to Jira server version >= 4.2 ?
I am wondering what’s the best jira-rest-java-client-api version for JDK 1.6
First I used 2.0.0-m32 version but it didn’t worked, now I am trying to use 1.0 version.
My web project is not Maven project so I am trying to download all the jar files and add to class path, please suggest me if we have some link to download all the dependent jars for JRJC version 1.0.

Thanks,
Malika