Error performing sync with Connect: Something went wrong while trying to sync your app with Connect. Please contact Atlassian support

Hey everyone,

This message appears to me when I try to install my app on the staging environment, someone can help?
Error performing sync with Connect: Something went wrong while trying to sync your app with Connect. Please contact Atlassian support.

Ps. In development mode, everything works fine.

Thanks,

Hi @BrennoFaneco ,

Just letting you know we’ve noticed an issue with a feature we shipped recently and have turned it off for now. Could you try again and let me know if the issue persists?

Hi, would you be able to share your app manifest, please?

Yes, The error still persists

connectModules:
    jira:jiraEntityProperties:
        - key: h-entity-property
          name:
            value: H Property
          entityType: issue
          keyConfigurations:
            - propertyKey: hr
              extractions:
                - objectName: registerId
                  type: string
                - objectName: level
                - objectName: score
                  type: number
                - objectName: raised
                  type: date
remotes:
  - key: fakeRemote
    baseUrl: https://this-is-useless-but-needed-for-connectModules-to-work.com/    
modules:
    jira:projectPage:
        - key: h-project-page
          resource: main
          resolver:
              function: resolver
          title: h
          layout: basic
    trigger:
        - key: issue-created-trigger
          events:
              - avi:jira:created:issue
          function: issue-created-func
        - key: issue-updated-trigger
          events:
              - avi:jira:updated:issue
          function: issue-updated-func
    function:
        - key: resolver
          handler: index.handler
        - key: issue-created-func
          handler: triggers.issueCreatedTrigger
        - key: issue-updated-func
          handler: triggers.issueUpdatedTrigger
    jira:customField:
        - key: h_r_score
          name: Residual R Score
          description: Tracks HR Score
          type: number
          readOnly: true
          validation:
            expression: value == null || (value >= 0)
            errorMessage: The value must be a number greater than 0.
        - key: h_r_level
          name: Residual R Level
          description: Tracks HR Level
          readOnly: true
resources:
    - key: main
      path: app/build
      tunnel:
          port: 3000
app:
    id: ari:cloud:ecosystem::app/cce19e79-e856-4055-9789-492e1183c3c1
    name: h
    connect:
      key: h-connect
      remote: fakeRemote
permissions:
    scopes:
        - "read:jira-work"
        - "write:jira-work"
        - "read:me"
        - "storage:app"
        - "read:jira-user"
        - "manage:jira-configuration"
        - "manage:jira-project"
    content:
        styles:
            - "unsafe-inline"
        scripts:
            - "unsafe-inline"
    external:
        frames:
                - 'https://h.io'
                - '*.gravatar.com'
                - '*.wp.com'
                - '*.atl-paas.net'
                - '*.atlassian.com'
                - '*.atlassian-dev.net'
                - '*.cloudfront.net'
        fetch: 
            client: 
                - '*.atlassian.com'
                - '*.atlassian-dev.net'
            backend:
               - 'https://h.h.cloud'               

Unfortunately we couldn’t resolve the issue with simply turning off a new feature, we’re going to need to deploy an actual code change to resolve this. It’s going to take a couple of days at least to get the fix the production.

As a workaround, you can uninstall the old version of the app and install the new version without upgrading the old one (I’m assuming there is an old version installed, if not please let me know). Only do this if you don’t mind your old app data to be deleted.

Actually no, in this instance, I have only the app for the development environment. I did install it before(staging), but I removed the app

Hey guys, now I can’t even deploy it to the development environment. I’m trying to install in another instance and I can’t. I’m having the same message. I’m blocked to continue the development. Is there any workaround? Any plans to fix it soon?

Hi @BrennoFaneco,

Apologies for this. As @ekaukonen mentioned, there is currently a fix waiting to be deployed in production for this issue. We’ll notify you as soon as it’s available in prod.

However, I’m quite concerned about your app seemingly completely broken.

I’m trying to install in another instance and I can’t

Can you drop me the URL of this other instance? I checked the logs and all installation attempts seem to be pointing to https://brenno-jexo.atlassian.net which is quite odd.

I was able to install it in another instance, not in the same instance I was working on it before, which is weird.

Yeah it’s definitely weird. I would suspect it has something to do with leftover data. However, the fix we talked about is currently on production. Would you kindly try again in your original instance and let us know how it goes, please?

We are experiencing the same error. It blocks the entire development process, since we are unable to install the app. We have tried to install it in several Confluence instances, without success.
It has worked until today. Has anything changed regarding to connect-app syncing?

The following error occurs during “forge install”

GraphQL
Request ID: a9f6fa9db1f81b63
Result: {
  "appInstallationTask": {
    "state": "FAILED",
    "errors": [
      {
        "message": "Error performing sync with Connect: Something went wrong while trying to sync your app with Connect. Please contact Atlassian support.",
        "extensions": {
          "errorType": "CONNECT_SYNC_FAILED"
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}
Error: Error performing sync with Connect: Something went wrong while trying to sync your app with Connect. Please contact Atlassian support.
Error: Error performing sync with Connect: Something went wrong while trying to sync your app with Connect. Please contact Atlassian support.
    at InstallationsGraphqlClient.monitorAppInstallOrUpgrade (C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\installations\graphql-client.js:177:23)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async InstallationsGraphqlClient.installAppIntoSite (C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\installations\graphql-client.js:134:9)
    at async InstallAppSiteCommand.execute (C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\installations\install-app-site.js:11:16)
    at async C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\controller\install-controller.js:43:17
    at async CommandLineUI.displayProgress (C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\node_modules\@forge\cli-shared\out\ui\command-line-ui.js:44:28)
    at async InstallController.run (C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\controller\install-controller.js:129:34)
    at async C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\register-installation-commands.js:21:9
    at async Command.actionProcessor (C:\Users\Work\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\command.js:76:32)
[ERROR] Command execution failed.
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)
    at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal (DefaultExecutor.java:404)
    at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute (DefaultExecutor.java:166)
    at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine (ExecMojo.java:982)
    at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine (ExecMojo.java:929)
    at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.execute (ExecMojo.java:457)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:305)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:972)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:293)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:196)
    at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
    at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:566)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:225)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:347)
    at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:47)

Hi Gergely,

Apologies for this. It seemed like this is due to a feature we’ve recently rolled out. That feature have been disabled now – would you try again and see if it works now, please?

Hi Cyn,

It’s working again, thanks!