Error while trying to set components during transition

I’m trying to set components during transition using api but I’m always gettting error.
I’m using transition post method (atlassian.com).
I’m getting error:

“errors”:{“components”:“Specify the value for components in an array”}

when I provide following data to the call:

{"update":{},"fields":{"components":{"set":{"id":"10003"}}},"transition":{"id":"51"}}
or
{"update":{},"fields":{"components":{"set":{"id":["10003","10005"]}}},"transition":{"id":"51"}}
or
{"update":{},"fields":{"components":{"set":[{"id":"10003"},{"id":"10005"}]}},"transition":{"id":"51"}}

Then I found this thread: Removing component from issue via REST API - Jira Development / Jira Cloud - The Atlassian Developer Community. I know it’s for updating not transaction, but based on the information there I’ve passed following data to the transformation:

{"update":{"components":{"set":{"id":["10003","10005"]}}},"fields":{},"transition":{"id":"51"}}
or
{"update":{"components":{"set":{"id":"10003"}}},"fields":{},"transition":{"id":"51"}}
or
{"update":{"components":{"set":[{"id":"10003"},{"id":"10005"}]}},"fields":{},"transition":{"id":"51"}}
or
{"update":{"components":{"set":{"name":"engine"}}},"fields":{},"transition":{"id":"51"}}
or
{"update":{"components":{"set":[{"name":"engine"}]}},"fields":{},"transition":{"id":"51"}}

With this approach I always get following error:

{“errorMessages”:[“Can not deserialize instance of java.util.ArrayList out of START_OBJECT token\n at [Source: com.atlassian.plugin.connect.plugin.auth.scope.InputConsumingHttpServletRequest$1@7ceab7ec; line: 1, column: 12] (through reference chain: com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueUpdateBean["update"])”]}

Anyone could show me how to do it properly?
Or this functionality just doesn’t work?

Just to clarify: before the transition the component field is not set, the components field is on the screen and the data for it when I ask for transitions are as follows:

"fields": {
			"components": {
				"required": false,
				"schema": {
					"type": "array",
					"items": "component",
					"system": "components"
				},
				"name": "Components",
				"key": "components",
				"operations": ["add", "set", "remove"],
				"allowedValues": [{
					"self": "https://[project path]/rest/api/2/component/10004",
					"id": "10004",
					"name": "backEnd"
				}, {
					"self": "https://[project path]/rest/api/2/component/10003",
					"id": "10003",
					"name": "engine"
				}, {
					"self": "https://[project path]/rest/api/2/component/10005",
					"id": "10005",
					"name": "frontEnd"
				}]
			},
            <other fields...>

Ok, following this thread: Create issue via REST API - what shoudl fields / update data look like? - The Atlassian Developer Community
I got to this page:
REST APIs (atlassian.com)
Looking at examples there I finally make it work with following structure:

{"update":{"components":[{"set":[{"name":"engine"},{"name":"backEnd"}]}]},"fields":{},"transition":{"id":"51"}}

Is there a page that describes fields input formats for cloud as there is for server?

Oh, in case you would like to remove all components, this works for me:

{"update":{"components":[{"set":[]}]},"fields":{},"transition":{"id":"51"}}

And instead of names, ids can be used.