Figma UI kits or equivalent for the Forge components? #codegeist #2021 #design

Hi! I just joined the Codegeist challenge today, and am very excited to explore Forge and this dev community.

I was wondering, are there any Figma kits we could use to prototype or wireframe our ideas? Would be helpful to visualize before I begin coding.

@CarrieMamantov @srusonis

3 Likes

Hi @MagusPereira

Atlassian is providing design resources for Figma at https://www.figma.com/@atlassian . They are not specifically for UI Kit, but since it follows the Atlassian design guidelines, you should be good to use them anyway.

5 Likes

Thanks @tobitheo! Will check it out :+1:

Thank you for bringing up a good question @MagusPereira! I can’t do better than @tobitheo response… but I am making a note to spread the word on this one for others thinking about planning before building. Good luck on the competition!

If you’re still thinking about your category as part of your planning, maybe this discussion will also get the ideas going. 20 Jul 2021 - Have you chosen your Codegeist category yet?

3 Likes

Hi @MagusPereira - thought you might be interested to see your question was part of the inspiration for this new blog post. From Codegeist entry to Marketplace Success - 7 tips for creating award-winning apps - Atlassian Developer Blog

Hope things are going well on the entry!

1 Like

Great blog @CarrieMamantov, will be sure to implement these awesome tips prior to submission, thanks for sharing!

My teammate and I are still working on our entry but are running into a couple of issues - we’ve asked the community for some assistance but may potentially need to request “office hours” from a couple of Forge mentors/experts if it’s in the realm of possibility at all.