Filtering version webhooks

We have a Jira app which consumes all the various version webhooks (jira:version_created, jira:version_updated, etc.). When we register for that event we get these webhooks for all versions/releases created in a Jira instance.
Is there some way of filtering possible so that we only get the version webhooks for specific projects?

I know that the issue webhooks have a filter property which takes a JQL to restrict the webhooks from firing for all issues as described in these docs. In the issue webhooks we check for a project property if it exists which works nice - and since a version is also project-related it would be great to have a similar functionality.

My expected solution would look sth. like this:

"webhooks": [
  {
      "event": "jira:version_created",
      "url": "/api/version",
      "filter": "project.versionActivated = \"true\""
  }
],
"jiraEntityProperties": [
  {
      "key": "myproperty-key",
      "entityType": "project",
      "keyConfigurations": [
          {
              "propertyKey": "myproperty",
              "extractions": [
                  {
                      "objectName": "versionActivated",
                      "type": "string",
                      "alias": "versionActivated"
                  }
              ]
          }
      ]
  }]

Can someone point me to a solution? Or implement it for me? :wink:

Cheers,
Matthias.

1 Like

Hi @matthias!

You’re right - it is not possible to filter version-related webhooks in Jira.

I’ve raised a suggestion for this improvement - [ACJIRA-2619] - Ecosystem Jira.

Regards,
Mateusz

2 Likes

Ok @mszerszynski, so how are we going to raise the priority on this ticket?

This is a niche problem that only hurt a few apps so we will never be able to raise any real support from the Marketplace Partner Community.

But for those who actually depend on Version events, this is a huge issue. We have a prospective client who is planning to install our Version & Component Sync for Jira app on 2 instances that each have 35K users (which is the max). They will be using our app for a handful of their projects (~200), but at this point we can only subscribe to ALL version events. Our systems (and the Jira web hook delivery system) are going to be pounded by version events of which the majority will be discarded.

This also prevents us from moving to Forge as the current Forge limitations make it incapable of handling this many events.

1 Like