Final call: Submit your story for Developer Day at Summit 2019 before it's too late!

Developer Day at Summit is a new event fully dedicated to our growing community of developers in the Atlassian Ecosystem.

This year’s event is on April 8th 2019 in Las Vegas, NV, USA for the first time. This is the Monday before Atlassian Summit 2019 and will be at the same venue, Mandalay Bay.

In case you haven’t heard you can submit a proposal to speak up until January 25th 2019 23:59 PST.

We’re committed to delivering amazing content

We aim to make this first Developer Day an amazing event with content that will inspire your creativity.
Here’s what we’re doing:

1. Just as for Atlas Camp 2018 we’ve include members of the developer ecosystem to advise us on the program for Developer Day. Christoffer Bromberg of K15t, Daniel Wester of Lagom Solutions, and Tim Clipsham from GoodSoftware are on the program committee for Developer Day.
  2. Each content committee member has come up with topic suggestions for our 2 tracks. This was a great exercise in starting to shape the content. Together we created a list of topics that we want you to submit to the Developer Day CFP. You’ve still got till January 25th 2019 to submit!

I want to speak but I don’t know what to submit

As mentioned right above: you’re in luck, we’ve put together a list of suggested topics that we feel that would be amazing at Developer Day. We wanted to share this list to help you with topics to submit to speak on. Check out the Developer Day 2019 topic considerations Trello board with suggested topics in each track.

Use this Trello board to see what the track leads and the content committee are looking for. These are the topics that they are hoping to see when they start reviewing the talk submissions. We’re hoping to inspire you to create a talk that allows you to share your knowledge with the rest of the developer ecosystem.

You’ll notice that there are some talks that only Atlassian can give. We are openly sharing these topics so that you can consider the program as a whole when creating your proposal.

Please keep in mind that this topic list is NOT a schedule or even the final list of topics. We’ll determine that in February based on all of your talk submissions. So now is the time to submit your talk for consideration to speak in Las Vegas in April.

OK, I submitted, now what happens

Awesome, thank you for taking the time to submit. In early February, the program committee will meet with the individual track leads to select the talks for each track. This process will go on for a couple of weeks…

Towards the end of February, we’ll send out acceptance emails to the selected speakers. If your talk is accepted we’ll provide you with a free ticket to Developer Day and Summit . A week after acceptance emails go out we’ll let the rest of the speakers know that their submission was not accepted.

You’ll then work directly with the appropriate track lead in creating your content, slides, and rehearse your talk.

Even if I don’t speak I’m still attending

Great! Don’t forget to get your Developer Day ticket as soon as possible, you can even combine it with your Summit ticket for an extra discount . If you’re only able to attend and weren’t selected to speak (or you are not going to submit) you should still review the Trello board. You can use the board to display the value you’d gain in attending Developer Day to your manager.

OK you convinced me

Head on over to the Developer Day CFP to submit your talk or to get your ticket on the Developer Day website. We hope to see everyone in Las Vegas in April.

6 Likes

Bumping this post. There are 3 days left to submit your talks. We’re still looking for some great fundamentals talks based on the idea list in the Trello board.

1 Like

Today is the last day for submissions.

1 Like

12 hours left to submit your talk!

1 Like

Just wanted to 1. Say thank you to all the submitters. We ended with 79 talk submissions. 2. say that developers always live up to the wait till the last minute to submit their talks :sweat_smile:. We had over 50 talks submitted in the final 2 days. Just saying this doesn’t help our stress levels as event organizers :wink:

We’ll be reviewing the talks this week and picking our favorites next week. We’ll start sending out notifications to speakers shortly after that.

Thanks to all.

6 Likes