Forge app lifecycle events

Hey,

I’m developing an app that needs something like a Connect app lifecycle event. It needs to create an object in storage once it’s installed. Something like installed or enabled.
I’ve looked at the documentation and this forum, but I can’t find anything that would take me in the right direction. So, is there something similar to app lifecycle events? If not, is there a plan for them (I haven’t seen anything in Forge roadmap Trello either)?

THanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @ChupaCabra

Forge doesn’t support lifecycle events like Connect does yet. I agree that this is very useful and it will be something that will be added to Forge eventually, although I don’t have a timeline or ETA on when this might be added to the roadmap.

As a workaround, you could look a doing a lazy initialisation of your storage needs when the app is first invoked.

I have created FRGE-274 to track this requirement, and I have asked the team to add information to that issue if we have any timeline information we can share.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Lazy init is how we’re doing it for now, just thought there might be something I missed.

Looki forward to the feature whenever it comes.

@ChupaCabra install and upgrade events are now available :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey @AdamMoore,

thanks for the update here. I’ve seen the updated ticket, so features are already being implemented :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hard work!

2 Likes

@AdamMoore hello!

The install event returns the account id of the one that installed the app, how is it possible to know more details, for example, the name of the account?

Hi @AdamMoore how could we test this? I have the same issue as described here:

All is registered but nothing is called.

1 Like

Hi @oliver.straesser and @EnriqueEnciso

You can use the upgraderAccountId or installerAccountId to get more user details using the Confluence or Jira User APIs.

I think I found the issue with the example on the other thread and have posted a response there

When will the uninstall event be available also as part of the triggers?

1 Like