Forge App - SSL OAuth 2.0 Authentication

Hi to all,
I’m creating a Forge App that integrates JSM with an external ticketing system.

The external system uses an SLL OAuth 2 authentication, so in order to get the token and use it for the rest call, I have to send the Certificate (.crt) and the private key (.key) with the client_id and client_secret to the server.

I need a way to send these two files to the client’s server, but I wasn’t able to find a way to do it.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks,

D.

hi @srddra
What external provider are you integrating with?

Hi Dima,
it’s called Pega, but the endpoint I need to call to get the token it’s from the client server.

Do you think there is a way to send certificate and key through Forge?

hi @srddra, thank you for your response.
Forge allows you to specify Client ID and Client Secret provided by Pega
According to the doc here they will be provided by Pega during registration of your app.

Here are instructions on how to set up your forge app.
Client ID is specified in the manifest, Client Secret is set via command line ie. forge providers configure google.
These credentials will be used to retrieve the token.

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

Hi @DimaShuiskyi,
thank you again for your reply!
It’s very helpful, but it does not solve the problem about the file .crt and the key I have to send in order to be authenticated.

Can you help me with that, please?

Thanks a lot,

D.

hi @srddra. Unfortunately, forge External Auth does not support custom ssh certificates.

Can you please describe your use case? ie what part of Pega API requires a custom ssh certificate and why? Links to the docs will be much appreciated.

I don’t know wherever I’ll be able to help you but the specific use case can give me a point to advocate this feature so its priority can be negotiated for future development.

Thank you.