Forge App trigger for Jira delete event on issue/comment

Hello,

Specifically on Forge App trigger module for Jira, in the event of a user deleting an issue or comment, we are hoping to receive such event through a hook so that our app could process further.

Based on the documentation, there wasn’t any relevant hook to the described intent above (https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/events-reference/jira/), was expecting something like:

avi:jira:deleted:issue
avi:jira:deleted:comment
1 Like

I was looking at this trigger as well, does anyone has alternative solution to detect comment deletion event?

Hi @leonwongie and @KarChunNg ,

I have created FRGE-676: Provision of Jira issue deleted event and FRGE-677: Provision of Jira comment deleted event to request these features.

Regards,
Dugald

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Currently, Forge do not support deleted product events where we need to check the permissions for the deleted resource such as avi:confluence:created:page or avi:jira:deleted:issue. However, we do have plan to add these events in FY23.

Regards,
Zwii Doan.

For those who aren’t Atlassians, “FY23” means after July 2022.

1 Like

Hi @ZwiiDoan, do you have an exact date for when the jira:deleted:issue event will be available?

Hi @ibuchanan!
July is over, what about status of the delete issue trigger feature?
Will really appreciate the update

1 Like

HI @Benitojimnez1 @Olga,

As @ZwiiDoan has pointed out, support for deleted product events is in our roadmap for FY23 (not a commitment to be released on July 2022). This feature is still under development and we will make a CDAC announcement once it is available.

Regards,
Joan Liang

As a clumsy workaround, automation does have triggers for issue deleted/comment edited event. You can translate that into something your plugin can listen to (e.g. a change in a hidden custom field).

Where can we check on updates on this topic?

1 Like

Hi here. Any news on these events? It is blocking us from releasing a new Forge app.

Hi @sevidev ,

I looked into our plans and unfortunately, there is no firm timeline for the availability of these events in Forge.

Regards,
Dugald

Hi!
We don’t get it. First Atlassian contacted with us saying they will help us to create the app “Who deleted my issues” in Forge (for cloud). We spend time & money developing the app in forge thinking that the promise. And now, after almost a year, we don’t have the one thing Atlassian should have done.

I think you guys shouldn’t promise anything if you are not able to do it.

2 Likes

Hey there, any news on this topic?