Forge CLI version 5.2.0 - 10th October 2022

We’ve released version 5.2.0 of the Forge CLI. This update includes:

:tada: jira:adminPage now supports two new properties useAsConfig and useAsGetStarted.

You can now:

• add an extra page entry in the jira:adminPage module and mark it with useAsConfig: true to create a configure page that will be linked from the Manage apps page
  • add an extra page entry in the jira:adminPage module and mark it with useAsGetStarted: true to create a get started page that will be linked from the Manage apps page
  • have up to three-page entries at the same time in jira:adminPage module:
    • default admin page entry that will be displayed on the sidebar
    • configure page entry that will be displayed in the app details section on the Manage apps page
    • get started page entry that will be displayed in the app details section on the Manage apps page

For more information, see the description of the Jira admin page module

:tada: All Forge CLI list commands now feature a new option for displaying output in JSON (instead of table format). JSON outputs are much easier to parse and incorporate into scripts and automated processes.

Run npm install -g @forge/cli@latest on the command line to install the latest version of @forge/cli .

6 Likes

Hello @OwenFrere,
I really love the possibility to guide my customers to the admin page for app configuration and to get started.
What I don’t understand is the forced dependency that.

The jira:adminPage entry with the useAsGetStarted or useAsConfig property won’t be displayed on the sidebar.

What if I just want to guide my customers to my admin page, without adding additional pages for config and get started?

Greetings
Wolfgang

2 Likes

FYI – As of right now, version 5.1.1 is still tagged as the “latest” in NPM. So the npm install commands referenced above will not install 5.2.0. Based on this announcement and the warnings outputted by the CLI, I assume 5.2.0 is intended to be tagged as the latest?

1 Like

Disregard. I just saw a status notification that 5.2.0 was just “unpublished”.

Today, 12th of October 2022 at 07:00 UTC we have unpublished the version 5.2.0 and repointed the ‘latest’ Forge CLI tag to the stable version 5.1.1 to mitigate the impact.

This threw me off, because the 5.1.1 CLI prompts to upgrade to 5.2.0

2 Likes

This version has been superseded by 5.2.1 which contains a bugfix for the forge install --upgrade and forge uninstall commands.

Please upgrade to the latest version with npm install -g @forge/cli@latest

4 Likes

Hi @WolfgangLandes,

Your use case makes perfect sense but unfortunately it won’t work for everyone as some developers may want to exclude getting started page from the sidebar (on the left) when the app is open. Same may apply to the configure page. For this reason we’ve decided to make it more flexible so developers could decide on their own whether they want those pages to be present in the sidebar all the time or not (as in some cases those pages would be open only once and then completely forgotten).

If you would like to have those pages in the sidebar, you may simply create subpages for them and reuse resources you are using for useAsConfig and useAsGetStarted entries. Which would technically result in the same behavior you expect (plus a bit bigger manifest).

Thanks,
Vitalii

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.