Forge Custom UI issue panel is running fine in next-gen project but not in classic

Hello team,

something strange is happening with my application. I have deployed it to an internal premium productive instance as staging environment for some tests and I face the following problem.

While in my development instance the application is working perfectly (classic & next-gen), in the productive instance is working correct only in next gen and not in classic. This does not make any sense to me.

In the browser console I get errors like:

What isDepovsProject even mean? Any ideas about this issue? Anybody got the same?

Thanks

PS. excuse me if this is not the right place to post something like this

Hello Christos,

I can see GET request to https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/project/POK/properties/isDevopsProject with 404 Not Found error in my developer environment Jira cloud instance.

I didn’t care too much about that error because sometimes I can see in my browser console some weird messages which are, I believe, not related to my code at all. But now, after seeing you have real troubles with it, I am interested for the future.

Karol

Hey @kbujacek,

thanks for the info. I am quite new to the forge env. so I still learn. What I don’t understand is, how is it possible to happen something like this. My code takes advantage of the Atlassian cloud Rest APIs. and as long as they work fine in a dev env. theoretically, it should work in any other.

I hope an Atlassian reach this topic :slight_smile:

@kbujacek for your interest. I created some logs and I have found something.

For some strange reason, the promise from the API returns an undefined value for the classic projects in the production instance, while for the next-gen is ok. This is really something that I still don’t understand.

So from my perspective, I don’t believe it has to do with the browser.

Solution > it was all about project permissions. Case is closed :slight_smile:

Isn’t displaying an error message in the browser console, instead of handling the error properly, a bug?

@kbujacek this was exactly my problem. [FRGE-212] - Ecosystem Jira :slight_smile:

1 Like