Forge migration. Connect properties

Hi Developer Community,

Our purpose is to migrate our addon from Atlassian Connect Express to Forge. But first we need to make sure that we can get our Atlassian Connect properties from the Forge addon we are migrating to. Jira Cloud REST API documentation tells us that “Forge apps published on the Marketplace can access properties of Connect apps they were migrated from”, but in practice(using migration testing scenario from documentation) we still can’t get these properties, constantly getting a {status-code: 404, message: 'App with key does not exist.'}.
Here is some code below:

resolver.define('getProperties', async (req) => {
  const resProps = await api.asApp().requestJira(route`/rest/atlassian-connect/1/addons/tp-test/properties/access-groups`, config)
  const res = await resProps.json()
  return res
})

Am I getting something wrong? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

1 Like

Hey, @VitalyNezdvetsky,

Note that the Forge app needs to be published on the Marketplace under the exact same key that the Connect app whose properties it wants to access. Is that the case in your scenario?

Hi @kkercz,

Thanks for your reply!

So according to this the approval procedure is necessary in this case? And there is no way to test accessing connect properties before?

No, I don’t think you need an approval. You can publish a new private version (this new version would be your Forge app) of your Connect app that is already published on the Marketplace, and use that Forge app for development until you are ready to make it public.