Forge OAuth / Tokens

I created a Forge App using Custom UI for Jira cloud, the app has a connect button that opens a new tab that takes the user to my external website. I want to be able to have a user automatically log into the external website using their jira credentials.

My understanding is I need to implement OAuth / Tokens? I’m just not sure how exactly to implement it.

@gustavo2,

OAuth 2-based login and Open ID Connect are not supported flows for Forge, specifically, or Atlassian more generally.

Since OAuth based login isn’t supported, can I make Forge API calls? Like an authenticated API call to Jira requesting the user information and use that information to authenticate the user on my external website?

Or does Atlassian offer Single Sign-On that I can integrate with my existing website?

@gustavo2,

To explain a little more about what I mean by “not supported”, what I’m saying is that we don’t have documentation for an “SSO-like” option to sign-in with Atlassian. Not for OAuth, Forge, or any other APIs. Without documentation, I don’t know how you could do that. Technically, it might be possible but I haven’t seen any examples and I certainly don’t know how.