Forge Tunnel - Error checking docker image

When I try to run the forge tunnel command I am getting an exception being thrown. This is with the latest forge libraries.

1 Like

Do you have Docker installed?

You know, I thought I did, but it turns out I didn’t (forgot that I had just switched laptops) :man_facepalming:

So, I installed Docker but now I get this error when running forge tunnel

Is Docker running? :sweat_smile:

Ran into something similar yesterday and realized I wasn’t actually running Docker…

1 Like

Well that’s another facepalm moment for me. That fixed it. Thanks!

1 Like

FYI, this happens even when Docker is installed and running.
I found that in the Docker app, I was no longer logged in with my “Docker ID”. Only after re-authenticating in Docker I was able to pull the forge-tunnel-docker container and use ‘forge tunnel’ successfully.

3 Likes

I have the same problem, even with Docker running. Do u know any alternative solutions?

service docker status
● docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sun 2022-03-06 16:20:37 +03; 3h 35min ago
TriggeredBy: ● docker.socket
       Docs: https://docs.docker.com
   Main PID: 1903 (dockerd)
      Tasks: 20
     Memory: 745.0M
     CGroup: /system.slice/docker.service
             └─1903 /usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// --containerd=/run/containerd/containerd.sock
forge tunnel
Tunnel redirects requests you make to your local machine. This occurs for any Atlassian site where your app is installed in the development environment. You will not see requests from other users.
Press Ctrl+C to cancel.

Checking Docker image... failed   
Cannot pull the tunnel image.

It’s solved! Just tried a few days later. It might be related to my network/ISS.