Forge tunnel no response

I have an issue with the forge tunnel because somehow, if i start the tunnel and the app fully boots up, any request i do within jira to my app returns no content and only shows an empty background. My terminal on which the tunnel is being ran on also shows no request.

Tunnel redirects requests you make to your local machine. This occurs for any Atlassian site where your app is installed in the specific development environment. You will not see requests from other users.
Press Ctrl+C to cancel.

Checking Docker image... 100%   
Your Docker image is up to date.

=== Running forge lint...
No issues found.

=== Bundling code...
✔ Functions bundled.

=== Snapshotting functions...
No log output.

Listening for requests...

I tried it with node version v20 and v18 (both lts). The node forge version is 7.0.1. I have the feeling that the request is not even reaching my computer over the tunnel. But i also think that jira realizes that some tunnel connection is open, since only the blackscreen is shown if i start the forge tunnel (only no content is shown). If i close the tunnel, everything works fine via the deployment

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Hi Mercury,

Could you let me know which browser you’re using to access the app? I encountered a similar issue when using Brave, but switching to Edge or Chrome resolved it for me. According to the official documentation, Forge is compatible only with Chrome. It appears that Brave’s more stringent privacy and permission settings were causing it to close my tunnel connection.

2 Likes

Thank you! You pin pointed the issue and by turning off the shield, everything works fine. It basically thought that it either was a tracker or an advertisement.

1 Like