Fortified Forge Apps?

Considering the fact that our Forge Apps are not hosted externally like Connect Apps, how does the reliability/Metrics come into play for apps in Forge?
If it is possible to earn a Fortified badge on a Forge app, and anyone has info on how it’s done as opposed to Uptime Metrics for a Connect App, would be great to get further insight.

2 Likes

Hi @DennyMiller

thank you for your question.

Currently, you can not earn a Fortified badge for the Forge app. The Fortified program was launched at first for Connect apps.

We do have plans to include Forge apps into the Fortified program however, we do not have a timeline for this as of today. At the moment we are internally gathering app developers requirements and feedback after the launch of Fortified for Connect apps and applying it.
Once we will have a timeline and a process for getting a Fortified badge for Forge apps, we will let you know. I’ve just created this suggestion to track: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/FRGE-481

Thank you @DennyMiller for meeting with us and sharing your feedback about the Fortified Forge apps.

If anyone from the Atlassian community has some feedback to share regarding Fortified Forge apps (process, metrics) please leave us feedback under this thread or in the ticket above. Thank you.

1 Like

Whoa, wait! Forge apps can not be Fortified?

Currently, you can not earn a Fortified badge for the Forge app.

Can you please double-check this @gkaszkur ? This would be a real bummer. We are currently working on getting our Fortified badge for Easy Subtask Templates which is on Forge. Parts of the requirements are mandatory “just for Connect apps” why we thought that Forge apps do not have to fullfil them.

There is no word in the documentation that mentions that Forge apps are not eligible for Fortified. The new Atlassian development framework is not compatible with the new marketplace Reliability
badge? This must be a mistake.

Can you please clearify?

Julian

Edit: There are even questions in the Fortified application form where Forge is mentioned. How can it be that it is not allowed to apply with a Forge app then?

3 Likes

:thinking: Hmm, this is why i initially posted. Being told Forge apps cannot get the Fortified badge would seem logical due to not being able to complete the Reliability section, but seeing that it states ‘Not required for Forge apps’ seems to suggest we would be able to (so long as we cover other Fortified aspects, e.g. Support/ECOHot processes).
@gkaszkur Thanks for your response, but it’s still left me (and Julian) confused - If it’s not currently possible, perhaps this should be mentioned on the Fortified pages.

2 Likes

@DennyMiller and @JulianWolf thanks for getting back to me.
I will double-check it and get back to you with the details.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? This is important for us as we are currently evaluating which platform to use for a new app. Also we are currently preparing for Fortified for an existing Forge app.

Julian

1 Like

Hi @JulianWolf, we are currently working on the best path for Forge apps to gain a fortified badge, and will publish information on this topic here in the Developer Community in the upcoming days.

2 Likes

Hi @JulianWolf and @DennyMiller the promised update on Fotified Forge apps is available here: Cloud Fortified for Forge apps.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding the process, please let us know. Thank you.

3 Likes