'generalPages' not showing the correct left side navigation

Hello Everyone,

I’m in the process of building our first Confluence Cloud add-on, and i’m having an issue with my content not showing the correct left side navigation.

I am trying to create some screens that are accessible directly from the space (left-side navigation, below the “Pages” link).

To that end, I tried defining some ‘generalPages’. The links show in the correct spot, but when I visit my screens, the left side navigation (in ADG3) doesn’t stay in the context of the space, but instead reverts to the general navigation.

My atlassian-connect.json has the following definition:

"generalPages": [
  {
    "key": "tss-space-section",
    "location": "system.space.sidebar/main-links",
    "name": {
        "value": "Some Name Here"
    },
    "url": "/browse?spaceId={space.id}&spaceKey={space.key}",
    "conditions": [{ "condition": "user_is_logged_in" }]
  }
]

Anyone have an idea what’s going on? Am I missing something? Or is that just a general limitation?

Hi @ademoss,

Looks like it’s a limitation. There is a recent bug open on this and it references an older bug if you want to dig around in there a little bit to understand a little more. [CE-547] - Ecosystem Jira

Feel free to watch, vote, and comment on the issue.

Ralph

1 Like

@rwhitbeck thanks for the response. I’ll watch both issues.

Given that the older bug was created in 2013 and still hasn’t gotten any attention, what’s the likelihood of this actually getting fixed?

I can only suggest to cast your vote and add a comment to signal to the team that this is an issue that affects you. Without that the team is not going to consider it a priority sooner.

With that said I don’t know how the Confluence Ecosystem team will prioritize this issue in the future.

1 Like

Hi @ademoss,

I facing the same issue last time.
What I did, I use the Custom Content instead of general page as work around.
Maybe you can try with Custom Content.
With Custom Content you can have the sidebar.

Thanks