Getting this error following a tutorial

Hi there,
I am not sure what is wrong with this. I am literally following this tutorial step by step and basically haven’t changed anything other than confirm the files are there.
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/assets-import-app/

I am running the latest version 6.16.0 and just get the error below. Not sure what to change as this is as it has been built from selecting the asset import template.

Running forge lint…
Error: The deploy failed due to errors in the app code. Fix the errors before rerunning forge deploy, or run forge deploy --no-verify to skip the linter.

C:\Users\Steven\assests-import-app\manifest.yml
2:2 error jiraServiceManagement:assetsImportType references undefined function module with key ‘importStatus’ valid-module-required

X 1 issue (1 error, 0 warnings)
Issue found is not automatically fixable with forge lint.

I feel the forge universe is working against me at the moment :slight_smile:

S.

It’s saying it cannot find the function definition for “importStatus”.

According to the example:

You should have this function importStatus() in index.js.

1 Like

thanks for that, found the issue. Must be the template creating this incorrectly.

In the manifest.yml it has created this

- key: importProgressStatus
  handler: index.importStatus

I’ll make the change and then see where I get to.

thanks.

In the tutorial there is this link;
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/assets-import-app/cloud/assets/imports-rest-api-guide/workflow/

the page returns a 404.

Ultimately I was just trying to see if I could use this to store a same client ID, tenant ID, Client Secret from Azure and just connect up this way.

Was thinking that if the import can be bound as an external source, then if I can validate those three fields if would connect up, build the objecttype the first go and then I should be able to schedule something.

That would be slick.

This works:
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/assets-import-app/

yeh that takes you to the tutorial page where the link actually was. I was assuming it was meant to take me to a more detailed page with info on how to leverage the api specific to this use case.

Hey @StevenLeesSmith

I have seen few of your threads and although it took time, I am happy to see your progress :slight_smile: . There are few bugs here and there and a broken link in the documentation. I came across them too. I am trying to get these fixed with the team. Meanwhile, I will help you out by sharing the correct sources:

If you haven’t already seen these, these 2 are very important docs on this topic.

Was thinking that if the import can be bound as an external source, then if I can validate those three fields if would connect up, build the objecttype the first go and then I should be able to schedule something.

The above docs should help you achieve this ^

Thanks for the links, I tracked down one and then came to a grinding halt here ’ HATEOAS’

Just can’t wrap the old brain around how it hangs together in the context of the Assets tutorial example… the joys of being old trying to learn new things :smiley: