Dear Atlassian Developer Community,
I hope this message finds you well. I am currently building a Jira app using Forge and I am in need of your guidance regarding granting permissions to administrators and users within the Atlassian environment. Your expertise and insights would be greatly appreciated in helping me implement this functionality effectively.
Specifically, I would like to achieve the following objectives:
- Grant full administrative access to designated administrators.
- Limit access for regular users to certain features or sections within the application.
In addition, I have a question regarding the ideal environment for testing and validating user access. Currently, I have been working in the development environment, but I am uncertain whether transitioning to the production environment would provide more accurate assessments of user access and permissions.
I kindly request your advice on the following matters:
- What is the recommended method or best practice for granting permissions to administrators and users ?
- How can I differentiate between administrators and regular users and enforce limited access for the latter?
- Should I transition my development environment to the production environment in order to properly assess whether a user can access the admin page or not?
Your invaluable insights and recommendations will greatly assist me in successfully implementing the necessary functionality. I truly value your expertise and experience within the Atlassian community, and I eagerly look forward to your guidance.
Thank you sincerely for your time and assistance. Your support is greatly appreciated.