Hide header and footer on macro editor

Hi, we need to customize the macro editor with a custom dialog UI.
I’ve found no way to hide the standard header/footer on macro editor.

For standard dialogs there is the “chrome” option, but this feature is missing on the editor description.

Is there a way to hide header and footer?

Hi @adapps,

I don’t think this is possible. Can you explain why you need to remove the header and footer.

Regads,
Dugald

Hi @dmorrow

I’d like to replicate the behavior of the Editor Help Panel (/help macro).

I need an information panel, without buttons. I don’t have to enter custom content on page, just display some data in edit mode.

1 Like

Hi @adapps,

The macro editor dialog is opened after a user clicks on a macro when in preview mode (in a page being edited) and clicks the pencil icon. The purpose of the editor is to allow the user to specify a configuration and/or content to be displayed by the macro. It seems your use case is a bit different to this pattern. Technically you can launch a chromeless dialog from the editor dialog, but launching dialogs from dialogs is not recommended.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

our main purpose is to show some data to the user, exactly as the macro help does.
In short:

• the user types /our-macro
  • Confluence opens directly a popup (like the help macro)
  • the user interacts with the popup by consulting its data
  • the user closes the popup without adding data to the page

This pattern could also be activated through a classic webitem. The problem is that Confluence Cloud has no extension points within the editor. Only macros can be used.

Hi @adapps,

I think I understand what you’re trying to do. Your pattern is a little different to macros because macros contribute content to the page, however, you could try using the {output.type} parameter to discriminate your macro’s behaviour. When the {output.type} is display then don’t render anything, but when the {output.type} is preview, open a chromeless dialog using AP.dialog.create. I’m not confident the solution will feel right, but you may like to give it a go.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Ok I’ll give it a try.
Thanks for your support!