How does one access a remote Forge Bitbucket app?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find the answer.

I am trying to make a Forge remote app work and I have everything deployed, but I can’t actually find where the app is on Bitbucket. I am using a very similar app to what is on this example: Bitbucket.

Normally, I would access my app through whatever module I use, e.g. if it’s a pullrequest card module, I would open it up there. But where does the “macro” module live? I can see that my app is installed, but I can’t see any way to actually access it as something like “Macro” does not seem to exist in Bitbucket. What am I missing?

Welcome to the Atlassian developer community @MattGudenas,

The short answer, Bitbucket doesn’t have a macro module; only Confluence.

So, you are right to expect your app appear in Bitbucket locations, if you use a Bitbucket module like these:

Forge Remote doesn’t affect that aspect. But it would allow your app to access services outside of Atlassian infrastructure for certain kinds of computing needs. I’m curious what made you interested in Forge Remote? What were you hoping to accomplish with it?

Hi @ibuchanan, thanks for your answer.

So, to clarify, this is not possible to achieve with Bitbucket right now? Will it be possible in the future?

At the moment our team are working at assessing Forge capabilities in order to be fully aware of the options that we have for building the application we are planning. I am not saying that we would use Forge Remote but it would be one option.

@MattGudenas,

No. I’m saying Macros won’t work in Bitbucket.

In order to answer your original question about Forge Remote, I would need to understand more about what you are trying to accomplish. What do you think Forge Remote would solve for your Bitbucket app.

We are trying to create a shared state for multiple Forge apps. It doesn’t seem like there is a way to share information between them, so we thought that a remote backend could help with that.