How to add columns in customer portal requests view?

Hi,
I’m new with JIRA and I’m trying to develop a plugin to adding a column to the requests view (list of requests) on customer portal.
I know there is a production issue already for this problem (here: [JSDSERVER-4580] Change columns in Customer Portal 'requests' page - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.) but I need it now and I would like to understand how to do it with a self-made plugin.
I can’t find how I can access this GUI area with JIRA UI Plugin points; here you can find some information about it but the related documentation is VERY POOR: Customer portal.
Thanks.

Hi,
You can’t do this via plugin points in the current version of JSD. There is a way to do this on the server via javascript but I’d not recommend this option.
Cheers,

Hi Krzysztof,
since I need this feature as soon as possible, can you give me some tips on how to do it using javascript please?

thanks

Hi Krzysztof,

I’m sorry to bother you again but I did not get other answers than yours.
Can you give me some help please? this is very urgent for us…

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

Making changes using custom scripts / hacks is not a good idea. Many think could stop working… I think My Requests Extension will work for you. As an admin, you can configure which fields can be used on My Requests page, which fields are visible as columns by default, and also define which user groups can use a specific field. So, you can use fields such as reference, requester, participants, organizations, type, priority, SLA, and many others.

When it comes to your customers, they can add, change and reorder the columns on My Requests page, and filter issues by specific Service Desks, Organizations, Request types and Statuses. For more info, I recommend you to go to My Requests Extension documentation.

However, My Requests Extension is only available on Server. If you’re looking for Cloud solutions, you should check out Extended Request List.

1 Like

But if [JSDSERVER-4580] Change columns in Customer Portal 'requests' page - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. handles the point of customizing request view, why do I need My Requests Extension?