How to create OAuth 2.0 consumer in Bitbucket Server?

On Bitbucket Cloud I’m able to create a consumer by going to Bitbucket Settings -> Access Management -> OAuth -> Add consumer. This is not available in Bitbucket Server.

I have a REST API based integration workflow that needs the user to grant our app access token via the 3 legged OAuth flow, followed by reading and writing to their repository. This is do-able on Bitbucket Cloud.

Is it doable on Bitbucket Server?

2 Likes

Not sure this will help with your ‘3 legged OAuth flow’ workflow requirements, but you might wanna check out Mibex Software’s nice walk through on How to use OAuth with Atlassian products - it’s using OAuth1 though and based on Bamboo, but applies to Bitbucket Server as well:

While Atlassian’s cloud solutions like Bitbucket Cloud make it very easy to use OAuth, the behind-the-firewall editions of Atlassian products like Bamboo Server make this significantly harder — yet not impossible. In this blog post, we will show you how you can access Bamboo’s REST API with OAuth1. To achieve this, we’ll make use of application links. Although we have chosen Bamboo here, the basic procedure is the same for JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket Server.

[…]

1 Like

Link is broken on that medium.com site. Please update it.

You can find the article on our blog now: https://mibexsoftware.com/2015/11/13/how-to-use-oauth-with-atlassian-products/

2 Likes

thanks i will read it.