How to develop a dashboard gadget

Hello,

I am wondering how to create a dashboard gadget for a plugin we have. I have looked at the tutorials, such as this:
https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/dashboards/tutorial-writing-gadgets-for-jira
https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/dashboards/tutorial-writing-a-plugin-gadget-that-shows-days-left-in-a-version
However, these tutorials no longer work; when trying to compile the code on step 1 by typing: atlas-create-jira-plugin. I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:6.2.11:create (default-cli) on project jira-gadget-tutorial-plugin: Unable to execute mojo: org.apache.maven.archetype.exception.InvalidPackaging: Unable to add module to the current project as it is not of packaging type ‘pom’ → [Help 1]

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is there an updated tutorial that works for this?

Are you using the command atlas-create-jira-plugin or atlas-create-jira-plugin-module?

The error here seems to indicate you’re using atlas-create-jira-plugin-module which can only be called from within an already created jira plugin folder which is created by atlas-create-jira-plugin.

Once you create a plugin framework, navigate to within the folder where the pom.xml file is and then run atlas-create-jira-plugin-module.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.
I tried this command: “atlas-create-jira-plugin”
And I get the following errors:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 57.219 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-12-22T10:01:13-06:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 15M/38M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:6.2.11:create (default-cli) on project jira-gadget-tutorial-plugin: Unable to execute mojo: org.apache.maven.archetype.exception.InvalidPackaging: Unable to add module to the current project as it is not of packaging type ‘pom’ → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] MojoExecutionException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation