How to find the date/datetime/time formatting patterns and the default timezone for Confluence cloud?

Hi folks

Trying to figure out if it’s possible to retrieve the information about date/datetime/time formatting patterns and the default timezone for Confluence cloud instance

I know about https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-settings/#api-wiki-rest-api-settings-systeminfo-get service… good by the name, but returns so little useful information.

Any other options?

Thanks
Alex

1 Like

Hi @sash011 ,

The REST API you referenced returns the default locale of the tenant. For example, it might return "defaultLocale":"en_GB". Once you have this, it depends on your tech stack, but you’ll probably be able to format a date/time in accordance with the locale. In addition, some tech stacks might allow you to convert a locale into a date/time pattern. Confluence Cloud users have a time zone property, but I’m not aware of the tenant having a default time zone property.

Regards,
Dugald

Thanks @dmorrow, while the default locale might give me a hint it does not solve the problem I am trying to solve

I am looking to get these options

And I have found the open issue regarding the timezone - [CONFCLOUD-16057] Allow Confluence timezone to be set as a global preference - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. (but still would love it to have available via REST API - at least to query)

Alex