How to get All the Sprint Informaion using OAuth 2.0 (3LO) apps

I am new to Jira API development. I am trying to fetch All Sprint information using the rest of the API. But not finding anything in the docs. Found /rest/agile/1.0/board URL but shows "OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for method: GET /rest/agile/1.0/board". Any help or workaround would be appreciated.

@NisargRaval welcome to the Atlassian developer community.

The message you received is correct. Broadly, you cannot access the Jira Software Cloud REST API using OAuth 2.0 (3LO) at this time. I wouldn’t call it a “workaround” but, as alternatives to OAuth 2, you can access those API paths using API tokens or by building an Atlassian Connect app (which will use JWT for auth).

@ibuchanan

Is it still the case that you cannot manage sprints through the rest API using a 3LO app? I don’t see sprints in the rest API documentation, but I noticed these scopes in the OAuth setup:

Hi @AndrewTarr,

Welcome back here. It is now possible to manage sprints using a 3LO app, this has been recently as part of this change.

Have a look at this for the API documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/api-group-sprint/#api-group-sprint

Hope this helps,
Caterina

2 Likes