How to get Product bugs addressed in a timely manner

Ok guys, what about a round 3 :slight_smile: Just in time for Christmas!

Last night my heart stopped for a few minutes. Too bad there wasn’t any defibrillators around as I probably would have needed one. I opened a ticket after receiving from customers two complaints, back to back, that the cloud add-on has an issue which makes it very confusing for customers to use it. The problem: In the “Search Issues” view, when you navigate from one issue to the other, the add-on is inserted twice: one correctly and a broken one linked to the previously visited issue. Yeah yeah, you read that right :slight_smile:

So, I create the ticket and at the end of the day I receive a reply telling me that problem has already been reported by other vendors and to remember to watch and vote for the issue. Wait what (disc scratch sound effect)! To VOTE for i!? You mean that it will be in the same pile of issues that haven’t been addressed for years even when hundreds of people are voting for it? I simply can’t fathom how this not be a “critical” problem. Of course, it’s not “stop the production line” critical but surely it’s critical enough to get assigned to an upcoming sprint and be part of the next cloud releases (or so my naive mind is thinking). Turns out that the issue has been raised two weeks ago by another vendor and so far no one from Atlassian even commented on it (beside the usual linking to helpdesk issues).

I’m not complaining about the work of the service desk agent. She did what was required and she was polite and helpful. The real issue here is that this thread as been going on for over a year without actual real helpful actions. It started from a thread I opened on Sep 2016 and was raised again by @andy this past March. Everytime these threads get a lot of heat, discussions and promises. Every time it falls into oblivion or at least it looks like it from the perspective of the vendors.

This thread mentioned the need of some type of escalation system where these type of issues could be properly addressed. Atlassian said

… we need to keep improving our processes. Open conversations like this one play a keep part in achieving that goal. We cannot change things overnight but we do need to keep improving wherever and whenever we can.

That was nine months ago. If something was done in the mean time it sure would be nice to hear about it. I get it that Atlassian opened a “Marketplace vendor” page on the ecosystem site but that’s just a portal. It’s not a process that we can call upon in time of needs. I’m not a big vendor but I’m not an insignificant one either. Atlassian is making good money with the Marketplace add-ons. While these type of things are not critical to them, it is for us and it’s hurting our businesses.

I would have gladly patched it like @ryanackley mentioned but this is for the cloud, not the server. So nothing can be done from our side.

Sorry for “being an ass” once again but we need to keep the ball rolling :slight_smile:

1 Like