How to install a license token or license via upm manager /rest/plugins/1.0/{{cloudPluginKey}}-key/license

I could install the app with

POST {{cloudBaseUrl}}/rest/plugins/1.0?token=...

For licensing I tried to use

PUT {{cloudBaseUrl}}/rest/plugins/1.0/{{cloudPluginKey}}-key/license

and POST, but I keep on getting “405 Method not allowed”. Is there any documentation on this, or should this not be used?

@m.schmidt,

These are some old REST APIs and I’m not sure if they all work as documented. Moreover, what documentation exists is piecemeal:

On that 2nd page with might have the clue with, “Using sysadmin credentials”, which is meant to mean basic auth with username and password (not API token).

Hi Michael,

I have written a UPM Client in Java for Cloud - you can have a look there GitHub - cbromberg/upm-client: A java library to install an Atlassian Connect cloud app to an Atlassian Cloud product (Confluence/Jira) for development/testing. (or use it). This has code to install license tokens upm-client/JaxRsUpmClient.java at master · cbromberg/upm-client · GitHub
Hope that helps, Chris

The POST/PUT part is not too explicit there …

Funny enough I found a npm package, that does it quite well, written by someone of our company … :slight_smile: And it works with this.

@resolution/atlassian-upm-client

1 Like

Thanks @christopher, we answered litereally in the same minute :wink: I’ll look into it.

If you are interested in doing this via your command line, you could also use my cli for this: GitHub - craftamap/pluploader: A simple plugin uploader for atlassian server tools written in python

1 Like