How to replace deprecated jiraProjectAdminTabPanels module?

Hi all,

Saw in the Jira Cloud docs that jiraProjectAdminTabPanels is deprecated. Unfortunately the documentation is not very clear on what to use instead. The page on Project settings UI locations gives some hints but I still can’t replicate the functionality. I tried with a web item but can’t figure out how to render the page content on the right, when a web item (link) is clicked on the left. In my case the content always loads on a blank page instead of the right side of the project settings menu.

Previously I had this:

"jiraProjectAdminTabPanels": [
      {
        "key": "project-configuration",
        "url": "/project/settings?project.key={project.key}&project.id={project.id}",
        "location": "projectgroup4",
        "name": {
          "value": "Configuration"
        }
      }
    ],

Now I have tried this:

"webItems": [
      {
        "key": "project-configuration",
        "location": "atl.jira.proj.config/projectgroup4",
        "name": {
          "value": "Configuration"
        },
        "url": "/project/settings?project.key={project.key}&project.id={project.id}",
        "context": "addon"
      }
    ]

Did anyone figure this out before? The first picture on the Project settings UI locations page illustrates how it should behave but does not give an example on how to do this.

@atlassain First link on this page is broken. My guess is that it should go here.

2 Likes

Thanks, I found it was also a broken link on the deprecation notice page as well. I submitted a PR to update the Deprecation page but the reference docs are handled elsewhere so I am still working on getting that updated. You are right at the location of where that link should go.

2 Likes

Hi @tbinna,

I spent some time today to test a working solution. The Project Settings UI documentation seems like it’s incomplete and I’ve raised this with the dev team to look at.

I’ll keep you informed.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph for investigating this. I am looking forward to some updates on that documentation.

Tobias

We’re going to rollback the deprecation of jiraProjectAdminTabPanels at this time until we can document a solution for replacement. We’re working to update the docs/deprecation notice now to reflect this rollback decision and should be updated in a day or two. So, for now, you can still use jiraProjectAdminTabPanels deprecation free.

3 Likes

Just to close the final loop on this the deprecation notice has been updated Deprecation notice - removal of web fragment locations in new Jira Cloud experience

1 Like