I am sorry, is there a new deadline for API v1 to be migrated to v2?

Hi @ibuchanan

I think one of the gaps in communication stems from this post here, where @tpetterson said about two months ago that the Confluence engineering team has been reviewing the comments and would respond once there were updates. I’ve asked for those updates twice (here and here) but I don’t believe there has been any substantive response.

The gist of the matter is that Atlassian seems to agree that some endpoints don’t yet have parity, but as vendors, we have no idea what these are (from Atlassian’s point of view). Thus, Atlassian may end up deprecating some V.1 endpoints on Jan 31 that are currently marked for deprecation…or maybe all of them…but no one really knows. We also have no idea of the delivery schedule for the missing endpoints. This makes it next to impossible for vendors to effectively plan work, and the clock is ticking.

There is a significant gap in communication here. I suggested two months ago that the following would help:

If there are indeed going to be different deadlines for different endpoints, it gets confusing quickly with information scattered across forum posts. In this eventuality, as @bobbergman1 also suggested, could we please get a spreadsheet or whatever showing, for every endpoint in the V.1 API:

• the projected or confirmed date to sunset that specific endpoint
  • the replacement V.2 endpoint(s)
  • the ticket(s) on which the work depends, if appropriate, as well as any estimation of delivery dates

I was assuming, perhaps naively, that this was the sort of thing that the Confluence engineering team had taken the past two months to work on. From the vendor perspective, there are still huge blind spots with the migration, as well as missing functionality, and more communication is essential to help us succeed and keep our joint customers happy.

Thanks!
Scott

7 Likes