Images are not loaded at the Avatar Creation for an Issue type creation

Hey Community,
i try to develop a Jira Plugin. In this Plugin i want to Create new Issue Types. At the moment we use :

issueTypeManager.createIssueType(String name, String description, String iconUrl);

This function will be soon deprecated. So i decided to change to use:

createIssueType(String name, String description, Long avatarId)

Now to my problem. I create a Avatar and get a Id but the images can not be loaded like before.

Avatar tmpAvatar = AvatarImpl.createSystemAvatar(iconUrl, "image/png", IconType.ISSUE_TYPE_ICON_TYPE);
 Avatar issueAvatar = ComponentAccessor.getAvatarManager().create(tmpAvatar);
 issueTypeManager.createIssueType(String name, String description,  issueAvatar.getId());

Do i have to change the Url i am loading from or is there a other problem with this function?

1 Like

Hi @tim.kuchenbuch,

Kindly try the following approach. I tested it and the images were loaded accordingly. In your sample, the image data is not yet loaded, hence, I passed an InputStream parameter to the AvataterManager#create.

InputStream inputStream = com.atlassian.core.util.ClassLoaderUtils.getResourceAsStream(String resourceName, Class className);
Avatar tmpAvatar = AvatarImpl.createCustomAvatar(String filename, "image/png", String ownerId, IconType.ISSUE_TYPE_ICON_TYPE);

try {
	issueAvatar = ComponentAccessor.getAvatarManager().create(tmpAvatar, inputStream, null);
} catch (DataAccessException | IOException e) {
	// TODO Auto-generated catch block
	e.printStackTrace();
}

issueTypeManager.createIssueType(String name, String description,  issueAvatar.getId());

Please try it out and tell us how it goes.

Cheers,
Ian

1 Like

Thanks @iragudo! We can create issue types with avatars now.
It was a little bit difficult to find out that we had to pass the filename of the image to the getResourceAsStream method but not its name used in the atlassian-plugin.xml:

String issueTypeFileName = getFileName(issueTypeName);
InputStream inputStream = ClassLoaderUtils.getResourceAsStream("images/" + issueTypeFileName,	 PluginInitializer.class);
Avatar tmpAvatar = AvatarImpl.createCustomAvatar(issueTypeFileName, "image/png", "0", IconType.ISSUE_TYPE_ICON_TYPE);

try {
	issueAvatar = ComponentAccessor.getAvatarManager().create(tmpAvatar, inputStream, null);
	if (issueAvatar != null) {
		issueTypeManager.createIssueType(issueTypeName, issueTypeName, issueAvatar.getId());
	}
} catch (DataAccessException | IOException e) {
	LOGGER.error("Issue type " + issueTypeName + " could not be created.");
	e.printStackTrace();
}

Thanks for the help. You can close this issue now. Our code to create issue types with avatars can be found on this page:
GitHub Page of ConDec JIRA Plug-In

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same problem, but your code does not work for me…
the “tmpAvatar” get’s created, but for any reason the image path changed from “/image/icons/test.png” to “/images/icons/testjrvtg.png” and this causes a file not found exception in the AvatarManager.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\develop\target\jira\home\data\avatars\10900_xxxlarge@3x_\images\icons\testjrvtg.png (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)

If I use the method ComponentAccessor.getAvatarManager().create(tmpAvatar), so without the input stream, the IssueType get’s created but the image is not displayed…

Any advise??