Install my forge app on production but available only for my company

Hi, I just finished my app, and I’d like to deploy and install only for my company. I don’t want to publish to a marketplace or even have a external link, I just want this to be available to anyone in my company. Right now , only me can access.

I am talking about a jira issue module, which everyone can see it, because it’s in production, but when anyone else but me tries to access it shows up the locker complaining about permission.

Does anyone know how to fix ?

1 Like

Hi GuilhermedeAlencarAn,

Welcome to the Atlassian Developer Community!
Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with sharing your app with other users in your company. I understand that other users in your company can see the app, but when they try to interact with the app, they see a lock (something like the screenshot below), is that right?

If so, then it is likely that this is because your app isn’t shared. I’d recommend sharing your app via the dev console, which you can do by following the steps in Start sharing your app.

I see you’ve mentioned that you don’t want to publish the app to Marketplace or have an external link for it, and I also wanted to address these concerns. To allow users to use the app on your site, you just need to enable sharing via the dev console, however, you don’t need to share the installation link with anyone or publish the app to marketplace.

Could you please give this a go and let us know if this resolves your issue? If you have any concerns about this approach, please let us know!

Kind regards,
Vihaan

3 Likes

Hey, Vihaan, It worked indeed after I shared the app. Thanks. Also If I don’t want to development installation to show up to other users, I have to uninstall it, right ? I mean, I wanted just me to see the development feature.

Hi GuilhermedeAlencarAn,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad to hear it worked!

When you install an app on a site, it is visible to all the users on the site (more specifically, it is visible to all the users that can view the page(s) on which the app is present). I’m afraid the app will be visible to all users that visit that page and this visibility cannot be restricted as far as I’m aware.

One way to limit who can interact with the app is by creating a site specifically to develop and test your apps, limit the users on that site, and installing the app only on that site. You can create a test site by following the steps in Set up a test site. I hope this could be a suitable workaround for you.

Kind regards,
Vihaan

1 Like