Integrating ServiceNow with JIRA using Webhook

Hi,

We are planning to integrate JIRA with ServiceNow. Basically, when a task is created in a JIRA page automatically a request should be created in ServiceNow. We did a POC using webhook available from a test JIRA page and it worked. We would need a webhook to be created in JIRA for notifying ServiceNow when a new task is created. Also, a generic user credentials to fetch API token for authentication purpose.

Below steps will be performed.

1. A generic user to be created in the project NWEE and API token to be shared for the same, by JIRA team.
  2. Generate the callback URL in ServiceNow using the API token and share it with JIRA team.
  3. A webhook to be created and configured for event created with JQL: project = NWEE AND issuetype = Task ORDER BY created DESC in JIRA.
  4. ServiceNow configurations

We can share the JIRA page which we would like to integrate based on your response. Please let me know if any additional info is required.

Hello @nivasponnuswamy

What is the actual problem? What is the question you are asking about that problem? Refer to the How to ask a good question sticky thread.

Also, given that there are at least half a dozen commercial Jira + SNOW integration products, why don’t you just buy one of those??

Hi @nivasponnuswamy

Please follow these steps;

1. Log in to your JIRA instance as an administrator.
  2. Go to the System settings page by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner and selecting System.
  3. Click WebHooks in the left-side panel.
  4. Click Create a new webhook.
  5. Enter a name for the webhook and enter the URL for the ServiceNow instance you want to notify. This URL should be the endpoint that will receive the webhook payload.
  6. In the Triggers section, select “Issue Created.”
  7. In the Payload format section, select JSON.
  8. Click Create to create the webhook.
  9. Test the webhook by creating a new task in JIRA and checking the logs in ServiceNow to see if the webhook payload was received.

Also;
As a pre-sales engineer with Exalate, I would like to suggest that you take a look at our decentralized solution for synchronizing all entity types between Servicenow and Jira.

Exalate is easy to set up and allows you to control exactly which data you want to send and receive.

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product, please let me know and I will be happy to schedule a time that works for you.

I look forward to the possibility of working with you.