Has anyone set up integration tests for their Confluence Cloud or Jira Cloud app? Details on how you set it up would be much appreciated!
The Server plugin SDK includes native support for integration tests, but we haven’t been able to find any documentation on how to integration test cloud apps.
Specifically, we have a Confluence Cloud app backed by
atlassian-connect-spring-boot. We’d like to test it with a real instance of Confluence Cloud in the loop. We were thinking of something along these lines
- Create a Confluence Cloud instance prepopulated with integration test data
- In CI, start up our app
- Generate a random app key, and proxy the the app to the public internet via ngrok
- Install the app in the Confluence Cloud instance
- Run some REST calls against our app, and verify it correctly fetches and processes data from Confluence.
The issues come with steps 4 and 5:
- 4: We don’t see any confluence cloud API for programmatically managing addons?
- 5: For the REST calls we issue for testing, not sure how to go about authenticating as a Confluence Cloud user interacting with our app (and generating the appropriate jwt)
If anyone has tried and failed that’d be useful to know too