Is it possible to call the Jira Software API from a Forge app?

If I interpret the docs correctly, it is currently not possible to call the Jira Software API from a Forge app.

I have been playing around with a sample app for a while trying to call api.asApp().requestJira("/rest/devinfo...") but I got to 403 - OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method.

Can anybody confirm that the Jira Software API is currently not accessible for Forge apps? Any idea when we could expect this?

1 Like

Hi @tbinna,

You are correct. The Jira Software REST API endpoints do not currently support OAuth 2.0 authentication at this stage. The team are aware of this and planning to fix it, but I don’t think there is a target fix date yet.

Regards,
Dugald

2 Likes

@dmorrow is there an update on this? Forge has gone GA and I’m surprised that one of the big Atlassian products isn’t able to support it yet. :frowning:

5 Likes

Hi @danielwester,

I believe the Jira Software team have committed to getting this done in the near future. Obviously that’s still a bit vague so I’ll make some enquiries to see if there is an estimate.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Hi @danielwester ,

Circling back, the team is aiming to enable OAuth 2.0 (3LO) calls against the Jira Software Cloud APIs within the next month or two.

Regards,
Dugald

3 Likes