Is it possible to create app that generates templates for Jira Product Discovery?

This is going to be my first app for Jira ecosystem, thus sorry if this question might sound rookie. And I loved JPD for its flexibility and with flexibility there is uncertainty, therefore I decided to create app that will allow JPD users to apply various templates. Now I assume that at least the first prerequisite must be an ability to create new view there, and I couldn’t find “POST” endpoint for creating a view.

Can you please tell me if it is possible to build such app technically-speaking and if it is, where I should start?

Thank you in advance.

@Robert_Mian,

It’s nice to meet another JPD fan. I’ve used it for a few projects myself and understand the balance of flexibility.

To answer your question, unfortunately, no, there aren’t any REST APIs specific to JPD, which also means nothing would let you manipulate the JPD-specific UI constructs like views.

I recommend logging a feature request so you, and others who might stumble upon this thread, would have something formal to track. Could you please open a “suggestion” (our term for feature request) issue yourself in our open Jira (JAC) in the ECO project . Once you have the issue key, please let us know here so other folks can watch, vote, and comment (including me).

Hey @ibuchanan

Thank you for responding to my request. I have created a suggestion in JAC, here is the link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/ECO/issues/ECO-255

I’m not sure tbh view creation and other manipulation is better to handle with REST API or functions, therefore I added both as components to suggestions. Hope it will get resolution soon.

1 Like