Is it possible to start an reindex programmatically?

Hi there,

is it possible to force a reindex in confluence programmatically?

I want to clone the index from Confluence to my own and need a fresh index if the app is installed.

Bests
Marcel

Hi @anon60878045,

I don’t think there’s an API to programmatically trigger any re-indexing. What do you mean by “clone the index from Confluence to my own”?

Regards,
Dugald

Hi @dmorrow,

thanks for the answer. So is it correct that the page (e.g.) will not be reindexed after an edit, like on Confluence server?

What I mean by clone is, we create our own index. So we do not clone, but we get involved in the indexing process and create our own index with the objects, on Confluence server. So there it’s possible to catch if some object will be indexed.

I need the same stuff for Confluence Cloud.

Cheers,
Marcel

Hi @anon60878045,

The indexing of content in Confluence Cloud is automatically done after any edits and there’s no way for apps to influence the indexing. An app, however, can register webhooks to listen to events such as page updates - I’m not sure if this helps with your use case.

Regards,
Dugald

2 Likes

Hi Dugald,

thanks for your help. Yes I took already a look into the webhooks and I think we’ve to do it with this.

Thank you very much for your time - now I know that I’ve to do it in another way than on Server :wink:

Cheers,
Marcel

1 Like