Is there anyway to reduce the bundle size of @atlaskit/renderer in my React Custom UI

I have a custom UI app using React, and I need to use the @atlaskit/renderer to render the issue description.

But the React bundle size grows extremely big after adding and using the Renderer component, the build time also becomes much slower, and a lot of chunks come with it as in the picture.

After the build, the biggest chunk size is around 3MB, and its source map file is around 10MB.
So is there any magical way to reduce the size of this stuff (besides lazy loading)?
In a Forge Custom UI app, can we serve the gzip to the client?

Thanks a lot for helping.

I’m interested in this as well. The renderer seems to have a dependency on most of Atlaskit.

@nhac.tat.nguyen have you noticed any issues with rendering images in the ADF. My ones just come up with a blank square and an icon in the centre.

Regards
Paul

Hi @paul, the issue with displaying images also happens to me and I did not find any solution to fix that.

This is what displaying for me in the case of an image.

Hope that some Atlassian Staff can support here.

Yep, that’s the problem. I have a support issue open for it but not sure if you will be able to see it.

+1 … looking for a solution for the issue as the size of dist is pretty large