Jira - AWS CodeBuild integration?

Is there any integration between Jira and AWS Codebuild? How would I update a Jira ticket status from a AWS buildspec.yml?

This should help you out.

Sorry but these are not related to codebuild jira updates

The Jira on AWS is how to run Jira (The Product) on AWS & The aws-codebuild-webhooks shows how to create the webhook but not all the other detail.

Is there a way to do the following with codebuild?

There are a lot of implementation details handled by this plugin. I can create my own tool if I can get the implementation details on what it is doing or a plugin would be ideal

1 Like

Bummed to see there is no way to integrate the JIRA deployments dashboard with AWS Codbuild/Codepipeline. Please take this as a feature request

1 Like

I think Utoolity is working on this (see Develop with AWS | Utoolity). Perhaps @sopel can help you out!

3 Likes

Thanks for your response. Look forward to it.

1 Like

Thanks Remie, and welcome to the Atlassian Developer Community Simran!

As mentioned on the landing page, we are primarily waiting for the the Jira Software data provider support in Forge and can publish the app to the Marketplace shortly afterwards. It will cover deployments dashboard support for CodePipeline and CodeBuild at launch, and depending on the timeline we will also tackle additional services used in deployment contexts, for example Step Functions, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, and App Runner.

That being said, we are always keen to learn more about specific use cases and priorities, so if you are interested in collaborating on the initial feature set, feel free to send me a DM here and we can set up a chat.

Cheers,
Steffen

2 Likes

Thanks much for your response. I’d love to be notified as soon as this integration is available. Happy to be added as a Beta user for early access. Would it be possible for you to share an idea about the timeline for the same? Also, is this going to be a paid app?

We basically use

1. Bitbucket cloud for our version control
  2. JIRA cloud for management
  3. Codepipeline and code build for CI/CD

We have multiple AWS environments i,e Dev, qa, staging , prod.

develop branch deploys to dev and QA env
staging to staging env
master to prod

@sopel

1 Like

@Simran - Thanks for describing your use case, this always helps! I’ve added you to the resp. epic and will reach out as soon as the app is available one way or another (we’ll likely have an early access program before it’s available in the Marketplace).

As for the timeline, this primarily depends on when Atlassian will publish the Jira Software data provider support in Forge - we currently expect that we can release this (moderately priced) commercial app in Q1 2022 (hopefully early).

1 Like

Hi @sopel Any update here?

1 Like

Hi @Simran, thanks for asking, and sorry for the delay, we had to prioritize a couple of unrelated distractions this year :disappointed:

We are working towards the GA release as we speak, but have to work around the still not publicly available Jira Software data provider support in Forge (FRGE-472). We are confident to get it published to the Marketplace this quarter though. There will be an EAP before that and I’ll reach out to you once it’s available!