JIRA Cloud API get all info from issues JQL

Hello,

I am trying to make a Python script which will get all issue information from JIRA API. I have managed to do it, but Story Points are not available from this request.

Is it possible that Story Points are not available when using JIRA API?

Here is a python code that I am trying:

import requests
import json
import base64

# Base encode email and api token
cred =  "Basic " + base64.b64encode(b'email:Token').decode("utf-8")
# Set header parameters
headers = {
   "Accept": "application/json",
   "Content-Type": "application/json",
   "Authorization" : cred
}

# url with JQl
url = "https://domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=updated >= -1d order by created DESC"

# Send request and get response
response = requests.request(
   "GET",
   url,
   headers=headers
)

# Decode Json string to Python
json_data = json.loads(response.text)

print(json_data)

Thanks in advance!

Hi @NikolaStijacic,

You can add an expand query parameter to retrieve different fields. One of these fields holds the story points. You can test by expanding all fields with the query parameter fields=*all, but, for efficiency, you can also specify just the fields you want such as fields=customfield_10031.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Hello Dugald,

Thanks for quick respond! Can you please help me out in defining API url? If I try this one: “https://domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=updated >= -10d order by created DESC&fields=*all&maxResults=1000” I am able to get more results with maxResults but fields=*all is still not giving the Story points. Can you point me out where I am making a mistake?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @NikolaStijacic,

That’s the REST API I tested against. I did this against a test project in which I set the number of story points for an issue to a recognisable number such as 666 and then I executed the query and looked for a response field value of 666. The name of the field containing that field for my test was customfield_10031. There’s no field in the response labelled storypoints or similar.

Regards,
Dugald

Hello Duglad,

Now I get it :man_facepalming:
I tried with 999 and you are right!

Thanks you very much you solved all my issues! :clap: