Jira Cloud to Jira Cloud Migrations

Hello all,

We already know that Atlassian is working on the migration journey from Jira Server to Jira Cloud instances, supporting the migration of all of the Jira instance’s data, including the app’s.

But is there any plan regarding Jira Cloud to Jira Cloud migrations? At the moment is possible to create a backup from a Jira Cloud instance and restore (importing data), but this only supports the Jira data and not the app’s installed. So, if I have some app’s installed from marketplace, their data will not be migrated.

Will there be some mechanism on this flow for apps to be notified, similar to what is happening on Jira Server to Jira Cloud migrations with the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant?

Cheers,
Mário Ferreira.

1 Like

Hello @MarioFerreira ,

Yes, we are working on this. Please see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Jira-Cloud-to-Cloud-Migration-is-here-Get-early-access/ba-p/1635678#M202.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

That’s great news.

However, in that document Atlassian is not referring anything about the app’s data migration (migrate the installed app’s data from one Cloud instance to another).
Is that something that this EAP is trying to achieve or something out of the plans for now?

Best regards,
Mário Ferreira

1 Like

Hi @MarioFerreira ,

I’m sure the migration will extend to app data, but I don’t know the current state or time frames involved.

Regards,
Dugald