Jira/Forge Project page with Custom UI asks for permissions every time

Hi Dev Community!

I’ve created simple Jira Forge application with CustomUI using Google Charts library.

But every time, I activate application (click on it in browser) Jira asks me to allow access.
After successful confirmation I can see test chart, but when I switch to another page and move back - Jira asks for permission confirmation again (console log has no errors).

Am I missing some tweaks in manifest file?
Thanks in advance.

Please find below link to the repository with forge app and reproducible issue

1 Like

Hi @VladyslavKurmaz,

Welcome to the Atlassian developer community.

I just tried to reproduce the problem but, in my tests, after allowing access the first time and seeing the chart, I don’t get the request to allow access anymore regardless of what I try.

Here is a screenshot showing, for reference, the allow access (also called consent screen) showing the request to www.gstatic.com domain for the data egress:

One thing to check is if the app appears under the “Connected apps” here: Atlassian account. It should if the consent was successful, maybe you could try to remove it from there and re-consent to the app to see if that resolves the problem.

Or maybe there is a specific sequence of steps which leads to this problem and you can share them with us.

Thanks,
Caterina

1 Like

Hi Caterina.
Thanks a lot for the quick response.

This is what I did:

1. Revoke access to the application
  2. Open application and confirm consent link
  3. Unfortunately, behaviour of the system didn’t change - every time I click on application link - I have to confirm consent request.
  4. But then, I installed test application from my original post

and after that my first application started work as expected and test application asks consent confirmation every time. Looks like issue jump from one application to another
  5. After that I uninstalled second (test) application and my initial application works fine.
  6. I did this exercise three times - behaviour is the same.

Could someone with SaaS admin right check my account and/or application/deployment.
    This is link to the application with corresponding GUIDs in it

Thanks in advance.
1 Like

Hi @VladyslavKurmaz,

I’ve checked with the Forge team and this might be a known ongoing issue.

Would you be able to update the app with a major version upgrade and do a deploy and upgrade of such new major version and confirm if that resolves the problem?
Here are the changes that would cause a major version:
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/environments-and-versions/#major-upgrades
The most common one is a scope change one and you could just do a “dummy change” (e.g. by adding a scope that is not needed) to trigger that.

By the way, we can’t simply access sites. That requires consent from the site admin and it can only be granted when there is an active customer support ticket.

Let’s see how the test above goes and, if that doesn’t happen, we can have a look at getting access.

Thanks,
Caterina

1 Like

Hi @ccurti ,

Unfortunately, I was not able to fix this issue for my app.
This is what I did:

• created new forge app from scratch (jira-project-page)
  • made no changes, built app, deployed and installed into my JIra tenant
  • confirmed that “hello world” app works as expected
  • added react-google-charts into package.json and updated nested app and manifest
import React, { useEffect, useState } from 'react';
import { Chart } from "react-google-charts";

const chartData = [
  ["Task", "Hours per Day"],
  ["Work", 11],
  ["Eat", 2],
  ["Commute", 2],
  ["Watch TV", 2],
  ["Sleep", 7],
];

const chartOptions = {
  title: "My Daily Activities",
};

function App() {
  return (
    <Chart
      chartType="PieChart"
      data={chartData}
      options={chartOptions}
      width={"100%"}
      height={"400px"}
    />
  );
}
export default App;
modules:
  jira:projectPage:
    - key: ttb-exit-interview-project-page
      resource: main
      resolver:
        function: resolver
      title: TTB Exit Interview
  function:
    - key: resolver
      handler: index.handler

permissions:
  content:
    styles:
      - 'unsafe-inline'
    scripts:
      - 'unsafe-hashes'
      - 'unsafe-inline'
  external:
    scripts:
      - 'https://www.gstatic.com'
    styles:
      - 'https://www.gstatic.com'

resources:
  - key: main
    path: static/app/build
app:
  id: ari:cloud:ecosystem::app/39d52f71-1b83-4f25-bcc9-21e8e01c78f5
  • than I tried to install an app with --upgrade option, but got an error
  • after that I ran deploy & install commands again, confirm consent link
  • and after this, I was able to see test chart
  • but when I opened app page again, I had to confirm consent link every single time

I’m pretty sure, if someone can create new dev account, new Jira tenant and install application from Github (from initial post) the issue can be easily confirmed.
    I’m doing just basic things based on documentation.
1 Like

I also found the same behaviour with font permissions

permissions:
  external:
    fonts:
      - "https://fonts.gstatic.com/"

Consent link has to be confirmed every time I open forge app.
This is fresh forge app created from scratch.

1 Like

Hi VladyslavKurmaz,

This issue sounds related to the “repeated consent prompt” problem where user consent was only “refreshed” if you reloaded the page. So navigating within the product before returning to the original page still had the old data from before the user provided consent.

This issue has recently been fixed and the fix was deployed earlier in the week which should be available in Jira Cloud from build JF-PROD-30504 onwards. If you could check the value of window.BUILD_KEY in your browser console then try to reproduce the issue that would be really helpful. If the build is newer than JF-PROD-30504 and the issue persists then we will need to continue our investigation.

Thanks!

2 Likes