"Jira is under heavy load" when trying to create a lot of projects

Hi,

I’m trying to create a lot of projects (about 2000) on a dev instance using a script and REST API. I need such a number of projects to properly test a feature in my app. The first 200 projects get created without error but then the returned response says that Jira is under heavy load. The same happen subsequently after I run the script again - I’m able to create max another 20-30 projects, even if I make only one request per five seconds or so.

Is there anything I can do to temporarily raise the Jira’s limit?

Cheers,
Maciej

1 Like

Nope. You need to “pace” your script - make sure you make pauses between project creations. It’ll take longer but at least it’ll work.

1 Like

Do you reckon it would go faster if, instead of using the Jira REST API, you create your own REST module endpoint called “/rest/myaddon/1.0/provision” and use the ProjectManager service to create them programmatically?

This is what I will do - as you said, at least it’s gonna work.

Is it possible with Jira Cloud? It seems that I would need to write a Java plugin but isn’t it the case that only Connect apps can be installed on a Cloud instance?

You are correct his question applies to only Server. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah sorry i always have trouble identifying if a thread is about server or cloud