Jira issue "statuscategorychangedate" field - indicates when issue status was updated?

Hi I just noticed a field named statuscategorychangedate in a response to a query I made to /rest/api/2/issue/12345?fields=*all but I can’t find documentation on it or anything in these forums.

Does anyone know if this is a production-ready field or anything else about it? I’m trying to determine when an issue was assigned its current status and suspect I must parse the changelog to do so. I hope this statuscategorychangedate field is an easier solution.

EDIT: based on quick testing the field only seems to reflect changes to the statuscategory and not the status. It won’t work for my use case but would love to learn more about it anyway and hopefully it’s a precursor to a statuschangedate one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! I’m also looking for a straightforward way to get the timestamp of last status update for an issue, did you find any alternative solution other than to find it in the changelog histories array?

Also looking for that kind of usecase!