Jira - Monitor Groups

Hi,

This is my first year working with Jira and I’ve been tasked with the following:

• We manage Jira Software licenses by users that get added to a ‘Jira Group’ in Atlassian Admin.

• User joins → License is enabled

Request:

The task is to be able to monitor this so that when a user gets added we will know a license has been granted, by email to selected people. We all want to be able to see who is getting licensed so we can pull reporting at the end of every month.

The idea is:

The user gets added to the group.

Set up some sort of watcher to pull the list of users using the REST API on a schedule and compare the list with the previous one and provide only the new users in that group.

Email the new users to selected people.

What I have tried so far:

Pulled the list of users in that group using Python using the REST API:

GET /rest/api/3/group/member (so far only 50 are generated at a time so I’m looking at pagination, but that’s a different topic)

Pulled the same list using Postman which is easier to visualize, but I am running into the same issue I only get 50 at a time.

I haven’t been able to find an out-of-the-box solution in Jira to monitor this group or any group, I am leaning towards Postman to help me with this by using an event tracker and Test scripts.

If anyone can recommend a different idea, I would highly appreciate it.