Jira Server customers are temporarily unable to download apps in UPM

Hello,

For much of today the Marketplace has reported incorrect compatibility information for many Jira Server apps (formerly known as add-ons). This led customers to update to app versions which weren’t actually compatible with their Jira Server versions.

The Marketplace team is continuing work on restoring the correct compatibility data, but progress has been slower than expected. We anticipate that this situation will continue into tomorrow and we apologize for any disruption this causes you. In the meantime, in order to prevent Jira Server administrators from unknowingly installing incompatible app versions, the Marketplace team has blocked all Jira Server administrators from downloading apps through UPM. This does not affect Cloud customers, UPM in other Server products, or downloads from the Marketplace site.

If you have questions or concerns please contact Marketplace support, and please follow the Marketplace Statuspage for updates.

Ben

Hello!

I have noticed that the add-on compatibility versions went back to “JIRA Server 7.0.0 - 7.2.11” after the fix (instead of “JIRA Server 7.0.0 - 7.5.0” as it used to be).

I have received at least one add-on uninstallation (user specified a feedback that he/she uninstalled it due to add-on incompatibility with Jira 7.4.2) and the other user requested “Add-on Update Request” to be compatible with Jira 7.3.5.

I have fixed that manually by changing Jira compatibility version of the add-ons (apps).

So, as a recommendation to other vendors: Verify what is currently displayed as a compatibility of your add-ons. The information might be still incorrect.

Oleh

I messaged @bwoskow earlier regarding there still being problems (versions not having their “hosting” and compatibility levels set). I thought it was just a problem with vendor licensed apps but looking into it more it appears to affect marketplace licensed apps also.

One of our apps latest versions cannot have its compatibility levels set at all! I will get in contact with support as it is pretty crucial that customers can access it.

Mike

Hi all,

While resolving the incident last night, there was an intermediate resolution step which inadvertantly set app compatibilities to be compatible up to Jira Server 7.2.11 instead of the correct values. Oleh, I expect that this is what you noticed. The Marketplace team quickly noticed this error and restored correct compatibilities shortly after. With the exception of a few minutes after this resolution step occurred, Jira Server administrators were disallowed from downloading apps in UPM while compatible up to 7.2.11.

We’re currently looking into some isolated cases where app compatibility was incorrectly reset when resolving this incident. This includes some apps which have versions without any compatibilities, and some apps which were set to be compatible to Jira Server 7.2.11 instead of their original compatibilities. We will restore compatibilities for these isolation cases to their compatibilities prior to the incident.

If you have any questions or concerns about your particular app(s) and this incident, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at http://go.atlassian.com/marketplace-support.

Ben

This incident is now resolved. App compatibilities have been restored to their previous values. There is no remaining customer or vendor impact.

As mentioned before, if you have any questions or concerns about your particular app(s) and this incident, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at http://go.atlassian.com/marketplace-support.

Cheers!